Actual Call Center Conversations - Part I

Posted by Yasmin | Wednesday, February 20, 2008 | , | Comments

Believe it or not, these are actual Call Center conversations recorded from various companies. I found them really amusing and thought it would be fun to share them with my readers as well.

Customer : "I've been ringing 0800 2100 for two days and can't get through to enquiries, can you help?"
Operator : "Where did you get that number from, Sir?"
Customer : "It was on the door to the Travel Center"
Operator : "Sir, they are our opening hours."

An Electronics Company
Caller : "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator : "I'm sorry, Sir, I don't understand who you're talking about."
Caller : "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide, it clearly states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?"
Operator : "I think you mean the telephone point on the wall."

A Motoring Service
Caller : "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am traveling in Australia?"
Operator : "Doesn't the product name give you a clue?"

Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while traveling in France) : "If I register my car in France, do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?"

Directory Enquiries
Caller : "I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please."
Operator : "I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling correct?"
Caller : "Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar, but the 'B' fell off."

Then there was a caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator : "Woven? Are you sure?"
Caller : "Yes. That's what it says in the label, 'Woven in Scotland'."

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator : "I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on."

Technical Support Center
Tech Support : "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop."
Customer : "OK."
Tech Support : "Did you get a pop-up menu?"
Customer : "No."
Tech Support : "OK, right-click again, do you see a pop-up menu?"
Customer : "No."
Tech Support : "OK Sir. Can you tell me what you have done, up until this point?"
Customer : "Sure. You told me to 'write' click and I wrote 'click'."

Tech Support : "OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
Customer : "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

Caller : "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realised that I need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks, will I have my file back again?"

So now, don't forget to join us for Part II, as take on the funny world of Call Centers :)

Bookmark and Share

Subscribe via email

Love our jokes? Subscribe to us today.
Add your email address below & get daily updates via email :

Delivered by FeedBurner