Chemistry Lesson

Posted by Yasmin | Wednesday, June 11, 2008 | , , | 4 comments »

A professor of chemistry wanted to teach his 5th grade class a lesson about the evils of liquor. So, he produced an experiment that involved a glass of water, a glass of whisky, and two worms. "Now class. Observe closely the worms," said the professor putting a worm first into the water.

The worm in the water writhed about, happy as a worm in water could be. The second worm he put into the whiskey. It writhed painfully, and quickly sank to the bottom dead as a doornail.

"Now, what lesson can we derive from this experiment?" the professor asked.

Johnny, who naturally sat in the back, raised his hand and wisely responded, "Drink whiskey and you won't get worms."

Bookmark and Share

4 comments

  1. Kinshuk Chandra // June 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

    wow, what a reason to drink.....lol
    It was a nice joke...poor chemistry teacher.

  2. Anonymous // June 12, 2008 at 4:31 PM  

    Hi Yasmin,
    I want to thank you. Not only do your jokes make me laugh but I even manage to remember them and share them with friends at the dinner table! Thanks to your blog I can now tell a joke and people will actually laugh! And that, believe me, is a real achievement!

  3. Yasmin // June 14, 2008 at 3:05 AM  

    Hi Kinshuk,

    This 'Johnny' guy is nothing compared to my buddy back from my schooling days, our teacher eventually ran out of the class that day ... practically laughing her guts out.

    His words were "To prevent contraception, wear a condominium"

  4. Yasmin // June 14, 2008 at 3:17 AM  

    Oh Karen, I'm really touched by your kind words. You know, sometimes people take life too seriously and that's when life begins to be a bore.

    I was once like that until I lost a very close friend (she was just 33 years old) to cancer a couple of years back, and since then, I've learnt to appreciate life differently.

    And know this Karen, I'm really happy to have you as my friend. Thank you so much for joining :)

Subscribe via email

Love our jokes? Subscribe to us today.
Add your email address below & get daily updates via email :

Delivered by FeedBurner